Setting up your Structure Sensor
Before using a Structure Sensor to take 3D scans in the PROTECT3D app, make sure to follow each of these steps to ensure your sensor is best suited to capture a scan:
1. Make sure you have the most recent versions of the Structure and Calibrator apps for your sensor.
2. Connect your sensor to the iPad and open the Structure app. Click the "in" in the top right of the screen. If a blue button is displayed saying "Update Firmware," ensure you're connected to the internet and click that button. Wait until you are prompted that the update is complete.
3. Close the structure app and open the Calibrator app. Press "Start Standard Calibration" at the bottom of the screen and follow on-screen prompts to complete the calibration. (Note: if you see "Insufficient Sunlight," make sure to press the switch in the bottom right to "Enable Indoor Mode.")
4. After completing calibration, press the "?" in the top left of the main screen of Calibrator. Press "Perform Refinement" and follow the on-screen prompts to perform this additional image refinement.
5. After updating firmware, calibrating, and refining, open the PROTECT3D app and try to take a Practice Scan through the menu on the top of left of the Scan tab.
6. If this scan is difficult to capture or shows poor quality, perform step 3 again to recalibrate, then try the practice scan again.
You're now ready to submit 3D scans through our app! If you still experience trouble after following these steps, please contact us to get additional help.
Frequently Asked Questions